Lexington Fundraiser for Racial Justice
Who: Lexington Arts Community
What: Fundraiser Concert supporting on-going protests & organizations combating racial injustice
When: Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 8:30 p.m. via this zoom link
RSVP: on Facebook: bit.ly/lexfundraise
The concert will feature local singers, musicians, comics, poets, and more.
- To donate via credit card or PayPal: https://givebutter.com/lexfundraise
- To donate on Venmo: @AntiracistLexington
- Instagram for updates: @Lexington4RacialJustice
Recommended donation $5. So far we have raised $1767. We have several generous anonymous individuals who have volunteered to donate our funds through their employer match programs, so donations you make through this campaign can be doubled. Funds raised will be split between these organizations – please note the updated list:
- Violence in Boston (working to improve the quality of life & life outcomes of individuals from disenfranchised communities by reducing the prevalence of violence and the impact of associated trauma.
- National Bail Out (a Black-led and Black-centered collective of organizers, lawyers and activists building a community-based movement to end systems of pretrial detention and ultimately mass incarceration)
- Black Trans Advoacy Coalition (the only national organization led by Black trans people to collectively address the inequities faced in the Black transgender human experience)
- Urban League of Eastern MA (enable adults in Eastern MA to overcome racial, social barriers, economic inequities, sexual and domestic violence to employment and economic development opportunities)
- Louis D. Brown Peace Institute (provides services, advocacy and training for families and communities impacted by murder, trauma, grief, and loss)
- NAACP Mystic Valley Branch (local branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People)
If you’d like us to direct your donation to a specific organization, please note that when sending your donation.
If you would like to be involved or would like your group to be named as a cosponsor, please let me know.
Corinne and Julia Steigerwald
Categories: Community Event