Our annual gift drive to bring holiday cheer to families who have been displaced by domestic violence is taking place now! These families, most of whom are women and children, live in the REACH Shelter for Domestic Violence in Waltham. Some of the survivors living in this shelter have limited or no income. We would greatly appreciate your help in making the holidays bright for these women and children.
This year, we have wish lists for 5 families participating in the REACH Holiday Gift Program, which includes a total of 5 adults and 13 children with ages ranging from 4 to 13. We hope to be able to work together to fulfill all of these wishlists. Some of the wish list items are very specific, and these have been placed in gift registries. Some of the wish list items are more general, and these have been placed into a signup form on Signup Genius.
There are three different ways you can participate:
- Sign-up to shop for a gift and drop it off in the REACH Gift Drive box in the Estabrook lobby (Dec 2-12) or at the Holiday Marketplace, Dec 8, 2-4pm.
- Purchase a gift from a Gift Drive registry and have it shipped directly to the Gift Drive coordinator’s house (more things will be added to the registry on Tuesday night, Dec 3).
- Contribute cash towards the purchase of wishlist items. Some of the items are big-ticket items, so contributions will be accepted towards those items. To contribute cash,
- drop off your donation at the REACH Gift Drive table at the Holiday Marketplace or in the REACH Gift Drive box in the Estabrook lobby; checks may be made out to “Elaine Yang”; please include your name for attribution
- use PayPal to “send money to a friend” to email@example.com; Please add a note stating who to acknowledge for the gift, and that it is for the Estabrook Gift Drive.
Either way, please be sure to include your name for attribution (e.g., “Marisol Pink” or “the Pink family”) either in the sign-up or the registry purchase comments, so that we can acknowledge your generosity.
Gifts should remain unwrapped.
Gifts are due Thursday, December 12. They may be dropped off at the REACH Gift Drive box in the Estabrook lobby starting Monday, December 2. If you have any questions, please contact this year’s Gift Drive coordinator, Elaine Yang.