There are still opportunities to volunteer for the recycling committee however library volunteer lists and room parent lists have now closed for 2016-2017. Thank you so much for your support!!
Below are the volunteer opportunities for which we have immediate need. Interested volunteers are asked to consider the opportunities below. Click on each heading to bring you to the form to sign-up. The chairperson for each of the opportunities will be in touch soon after you submit your interest. Thank you for volunteering!
To sign up to be a Recycling, Room Parent or Library volunteer, please log on and go to our Signup Page on www.myschoolanywhere.com, or click this link or the link on each job heading below to go to the volunteer sign-up page directly.
Check back frequently as we update our opportunities throughout the year. Also, see our Activities and Events page for a list of all the PTO happenings.
Green Team Recycling Volunteer
Did you know that Estabrook students divert much of their lunchtime waste to recycling and compost? Parent volunteers help students in the recycling room M, T, W and F 11:40am-1:10pm. Most shifts are once every two weeks, but accommodations can be made for those who have limited schedules.
- Help students sort their recyclables.
- Help educate students on recycling and composting practices.
- Keep the recycling room neat and organized.
Volunteering in the library is a great opportunity to directly help the school. You can volunteer once per week or every other week and your shift may be coordinated to coincide with your child’s library time. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- Check books out of the library for the children.
- Check returned books back into the library.
- Shelve books.
- Help Librarian with a variety of special projects.
A great opportunity to support your child’s teacher and create special memories for your child.
– Liaison between teachers, parents and PTO
– Manage funds for class activities
– Coordinate parent volunteers for special projects and grade level activities
– Help arrange classroom parties (approx 2-4 per year)
– Coordinate Holiday and year end appreciation for the teacher
– Organize teacher appreciation refreshments with other grade level room parents
NOTE: Anyone who plans to volunteer at Estabrook must submit a CORI form which activates a criminal background check. This form needs to be completed at school in the office and is good for three years. If you need to complete a form, you must come to the office with your current driver’s license or passport with you.