Room Parent Volunteer
Being a Room Parent is a great opportunity to support your child’s teacher and create special memories for your child. Each class may have up to 4 Room Parents per year, and Room Parents will:
– Serve as a liaison between the classroom teacher, parents and the PTO
– Manage funds for class activities
– Coordinate parent volunteers for special projects and grade level activities
– Help arrange classroom parties (approximately 2-4 per year)
– Coordinate holiday and year end appreciation gifts for the classroom teacher
Details on the room parent role and responsibilities can be found here. Please contact the Room Parent Coordinator if you have any questions. An orientation for Room Parents will be held over Zoom in mid-to-late September.
NOTE: Anyone who plans to volunteer at Estabrook must submit a CORI form which activates a criminal background check. This form needs to be completed at the Estabrook main office and is good for three years. If you need to complete a form, you must come to the office in person. Please don’t forget to bring a copy of your current driver’s license or passport!